7th grade Language Arts Success Sheet 2019-2020
Welcome to my class! You need to know and have and know about the following items:
- LMS Website available with my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and web page lms.livingstonusd.org/apps/staff/
- Join me on my Remind Account to receive important texts. Simply go to your text messages and enter this number 81010. Next text this message @d8fk9e. You can also join by e-mail To: ail.remind.comd8fk9e@m. Also you may go to the website at https: www.remind.com My code to join is @d8fk9e.
- AERIES Parent Portal: Get your password from the office and check your grades and assignment scores! email@example.com
- Field Trip: Carnegie Arts Center in Turlock. More info coming soon.
Pens (blue or black ink) & wooden pencils
Headphones or Earbuds for Chromebooks
One Composition Notebook (100 pages) to be kept in Classroom for daily use.
- LMS Agenda: You will be required to write your assignments down daily, so bring it with you to class.
- I will be sending home graded spelling lesson work only. Other assignments such as projects, essays, and poems, I will be keeping as students will be putting together Student Portfolios at the end of the year.
- Homework is assigned on Mondays and usually due on Fridays.. We go over new spelling words on Mondays and practice these words daily. There is a Spelling test every Friday. There is Spelling Practice homework assigned on Mondays and collected on Fridays. You can find the current week Spelling homework on Googleclassroom . Check your child’s agenda to see our weekly assignments written down or check my website on the LMS Web Page. You can also e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org anytime for any clarification or question.
- Late Work: I do accept late work; however, it earns a 70% passing credit.
- Late Work due to Absence: If you are absent, you have the opportunity to make up any missed assignments and receive full credit.
- Novels - Language Class Novels include Splat, Hoot, and The Midwife’s Apprentice. Advanced Class Novels include My Antonia, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, and The Winter of Red Snow. Most of the reading takes place in the classroom. If you are absent, you will need to make up any reading you missed. You can come to F2 before or after school to read or go to the LMS library and request the novel to read. These novels can count toward your AR point goal for each trimester.